Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Numbers Are In

Just like the title says and as promised, I have the numbers for my big project with Ian.

If I did all the calculations correctly, I need the following for the first building that we are designing:

15 Beds, 538 Bookshelves, 60 Chests, 2 Crafting Tables, 1,504 Dirt/Grass, 4 Door - Iron, 26 Door - Wooden, 100 Flowers, 6 Furnaces, 280 Glass, 77 Half Stone Blocks, 17 Iron Blocks, 10 Lapis Lazuli Blocks, 8,506 Sandstone, 36 Signs, 120 Stairs - Wooden, 65 Buckets of Water, 72 Wooden Planks, 324 Green Wool, and god knows how many Torches.

Yeah, that's just the first building. See why this project is going to take so long? I think it comes out to something like 133.5 stacks of Sandstone and 24 stacks of Dirt. The rare blocks will also be very hard to come by.Thank goodness that we can now make charcoal now! I would be doomed without it, ha ha.

After seeing the numbers, though, I think that my focus for now really needs to be on mining, collecting sand, and farming wood and cactus. Cactus will be the most difficult out of everything, though. I completely need to redesign my cactus farm. And it's always easy to make them work well, you know?

This project is going extraordinarily well, though so far and it goes without saying, but so far it has been a very, very fun experience for Ian and me. Let's just hope that in the future Ian and I can find a never ending vein of iron. It's our most scarce resource, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment