Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Progress Report for April 27

So my first item of business is that of the 'crappy lappy'. Crappy Lappy, my old laptop, as finally replaced with a shiny and new HP dv6 which has been a HUGE upgrade. I now play Minecraft in Far render distance and zero lag. It's amazing.

Also, Thomas installed a new map feature which allows us to view coordinates and aerial images of the server. I love it, but it caused me to realize that Big Project X is on the same continent as Thomas and Helen's castle. Ian had previously named the continent Twinspire, so we're renaming Tylandia and going with the cooler name. I just wish I could hide the Big Project X on the map so that no secrets would be given away until the final unveiling.

Everything is going well, though. Since I started playing MC on my new computer I have dug up almost 16,000 blocks of dirt, though, and it feels like there's almost no end in sight to the process of excavating the area that Big Project X is to be built on. I don't even want to talk about the process of torching. I have used so many torches. Like I said, though, all minor gripes aside, the project is moving along at a relatively fast and steady pace. This is the plan of attack until further notice:

  1. Finish excavation inside the project walls
  2. Contour the land directly outside the walls so that invasion (or peeking) isn't possible without land damage
  3. Begin construction on Building No. 1 and then subsequent others
All the while, I plan on finish up the rail line between Spawn Town and Big Project X and continue to collect project materials. Can I offer anyone some dirt or cobblestone while I work, ? I would really like to remove the 4 chests of dirt I have just sitting there along the Project's Walls. Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment