Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sandstone, Dedicated Servers, & Real Estate

So, this post is pretty crazy, and will probably be my first relatively large post, but here it goes. I even have a couple of pictures, too, so hang in there if you're having some issues loading.

First off, we finally have a dedicated server. And while it is still extraordinarily glitchy, at least we have one that can be up 24/7 once all the kinks get worked out. Right now, since the update, I've been having nothing but issues with Sprocket Errors. Thomas will have to help us get things fixed so that I can build my epic Big Project in the near future.

As for the epic Big Project, things are coming along, quite well, although I am EXTREMELY tired of grinding out bookcase blocks. I have about half of the required Sandstone (ss) for Building 1 at this point and slowly but surely I am gathering the building's required mats.

I did find something really neat yesterday, though, at the Sand Pit. (That's our dedicated area to just destroy the biome and take as much sand as we need.) In the next couple of posts I'll show you what damage I've actually done. But yeah, yesterday I found a whole bunch of naturally occurring ss. I had NO IDEA that it spawned naturally and thought that some crazy person on our server had decided to waste some perfectly good blocks. The more I dug, though, the more blocks I saw randomly spread out. Here's a screenshot. I still need to go back and tear that entire area up, but my hand gets super zonked!


Outside of sandstone and server news, though, not too much has been going on. The only big news item I can think of is that I found a location for the Big Project to be yesterday. So now, I'm in the process of leveling off part of a continent, but it's really fun to explore and imagine what the Big Project will look like finished. Here's where the project actually is in comparison to what we can Spawn Town.


That's all for this post, though. I'm leaving a post it note on my laptop to put up pictures of our compound soon, but at usual, the Big Project takes up A LOT of my time when I'm not at school. Hope you're having a great week and I will post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment